- If you are unhappy with anything, you must contact us IMMEDIATELY upon unpacking your shipment.
- Opening the box :
Slice the tape holding the shipping label carefully, so you don't accidentally damage the
plants or other contents.
- Inside the box you will find your invoice, wrapped plants and packing materials.
- Unpack the box :
Carefully remove the wrapped plants and invoice. Please recycle the packing materials.
- Remove the wrapping from the plants by cutting the masking tape holding the wrapping in place.
If there are bloom spikes or new growths beginning, we typically make every effort to protect them
- Plants potted in sphagnum moss have no additional wrapping, since the sphagnum moss will not move
- For plants not potted in sphagnum moss, we "collar" the plants to prevent the loose mix from shifting and
potentially damaging the roots. The collar consists of folded magazine pages and masking tape.
Remove the collar carefully and discard, since it's purpose has been served.
- We thoroughly water ALL shipped plants 3 days prior to packing. This allows time for them to
dry before they are packed, since even small amounts of excess moisture can cause rot or other problems
when they are sealed inside a box.
- Now thoroughly water the plants, using the same amount of water for each plant as the volume of the
- After they are allowed to drain, put the plants where you intend them to grow.
If you are unsure about the spot you've chosen, then please refer to the plant requirements from the
pull-down list on our main culture page.
- Do not panic if you do not see new growth or bloom spikes right away, since
the plants need time to transition and adjust to your growing conditions.
- Do NOT transplant any plants immediately upon receipt as the undue stress on the plant can cause it
to suffer unnecessarily. If you plan on transplanting, then wait at least 3 weeks, or preferably up to 3 months and refer to the
repotting guidelines listed under the culture section of our web site.
- If you encounter any issues or concerns, please take advantage of the information that has been
conveniently provided on the main culture page, or under the
Orchid Doctor. These resources will likely give you an immediate
answer, rather than waiting for us to respond to an e-mail.